Hidden winch on 09 z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ahmitchell1, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Has anyone noticed the slot in the bumper it looks like a perfect place for a hiden winch. has anyone done this. do you think its possible?

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ive been emailing back in forth with warn on this and there looking into this. I hope they do soon before I design one myself

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Here's what it looks like on a 2004 Sierra. I had the fairlead cover smoothed and paint-matched. (Look below the autobot logo.) Notice how it is off-center, sitting more toward the driver's side than passenger side. I wasn't expecting that because the Warn photos of the hidden kit are at an angle, however, when installing the winch it becomes apparent why this is: the winch itself -IS- centered in the carrier ... and the winch motor sits more toward the passenger side and is unexposed like the fairlead -- because it doesn't need to be.

Also, here's a link to some shots I took during installation: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=20993

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Surreal has a nice install on his. I have seen it up close. If/when I decide to get a winch I will certainly look into going the same route.