1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HIDs flickering?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by redneckarmyMP, Sep 1, 2009.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

my HID headlights have started flickering every now and then.its not really bad or a constant thing but its startin to drive me crazy.anybody know why and how to fix this problem?at first i thought maybe the bulbs came loose so i checked em and theyre in there the way theyre supposed to be so im out of ideas
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gremlyn's Garage sells accessory harnesses that stop the flickering of HID's.
  3. redneckarmyMP

alright thanks ill check with them
  4. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 Rockstar

HIDS SUCK.
    Waste of money.

I just went and got nokya headlight bulbs. give you the hid at 7000k
  5. mashburn

mashburn Rockstar

mine dont they work great and will last longer than regular bulbs.... but back to the question do u have automatic head lights if u do turn ur lights on manualy and u shouldnt have that problem... if u do look at ur ballast and bulbs make sure they are conected and sealed up
  6. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave Rockstar

all you need is a relay harness and 2 capacitors from radioshack and that will solve any HID kit's problems.....
  7. redneckarmyMP

i have them wired seperatly from the regular headlights and turn them on with a toggle switch..long story..the connections are all good but ill check again
  8. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

i would say do like the guy a few posts above me said. wire up a relay, just to boost the 12v. if that doesnt work, i would say you have a bad balast...
  9. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 Rockstar

hids are great dont get me wrong. but they are more trouble than what they are worth. ive had two of hids. in both the balast go out. which i way i said screw and went and got me the nokya bulbs. there simple and easy. they get you to hid at 7000k and there blue and all. and only 30 bucks where im at.