HID's in driving lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by 5speedsilverado, May 12, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Is their a kit to do the HID's in the spot for your driving lights??

thank you in advanced

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. 5speedsilverado

3. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

Are you talking about the daytime running lights? if so no. Your regular headlights yes and the foglights yes.

4. 5speedsilverado

danget, will led's put out a good amount of light?? im going to wire the lights that are closets to the bumper(driving lights) for more light at night

5. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

You might be able to get led bulbs to put in the driving lights. Check ebay or any auto parts store

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I actually did a lot of research on this subject for my truck which is a 2005 looks like your front end, and I found that the DRL bulb which GM states in the manual is a 4114 is also the same as a 3157 just a different power draw. Putco has some 360 LED bulbs that come in red, white and amber, I ordered a set of white for my DRL and a set of amber for my turning signals. Putco's site wants $65 for a set which is HIGH, I got mine on order from Summit Racing for $43.00 per set which isn't bad. The stock bulbs are 35 watts, and these LED's are only 18 watts but they are just as bright if not brighter. The only thing is you have to put load resistors in line with them, otherwise they will either short out or they won't operate correctly. Here is a link to check out, I will post pictures once I get mine in.

http://www.putco.com/product/LED_360_Replacement_Bulbs/

7. Marcus

Marcus Rockstar

I have seen a guy in town where I live and he had some look-a-like HID's in his daytime running lights. I was meaning to stop and ask him but I actually prefer my amber ones.