HID's

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BlueLT1500, Mar 9, 2008.

1. BlueLT1500

BlueLT1500 Rockstar

allright who has em?? ive got the 07 NBS and am thinking of upgrading both the high and low beams to HID and am just wondering if anyone else has done this yet?? here is the ones i am looking at: HID i know on my truck the bulbs are 9005/9006 so 2 of these kits should do the trick i am thinking. i am also thinking of going like 8000k for both...i like that bluish/purplish color.

let me know what you guys think

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have had HID's for a year and love them! I would first reccomend a vehical specific kit and not a generic kit. I have bought 2 kits with the first that was made for my truck, and the second (which i paid more for) was a generic kit for 9006's. I could not figure out the generic kit because there were more wires than what my the kist made for my silverado has so it was not just plug-and-play. As far as the brightness vs. color of the bulbs, the 4500K and the 6000K are the brightest then the colors change from blues to purple the higher the number. I run 6000K bulbs in mine.

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea dont buy a cheap kit on ebay ive heard they have trouble... its worth it to spend the extra money for a good name brand kit

4. dwill3015

Mine came off an ebay dealer. $160 and awesome people to work with! PM me and I'll give you a link to the dealer I bought from.

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

haha alright than. Go for them if you know they are good.... Ive just heard people have had bad experience with some ebay ones

6. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

I have found the HID kits up here in Alberta but they are $320 for the set. I put the PIAA super white lights in and they are pretty good. Are the HID's going to be that much better?

7. dwill3015

You're right about Ebay and the garbage to be found there but I have bought and sold on Ebay for many years and if you do your homework and really check out who you are buying from and read their feedback. Asking them questions before buying always helps as well. I generally look for genuine GM parts or namebrand aftermarket parts that you are familiar with. The company I bought my HID's through have a business and a website that you can buy direct from so I checked them out before buying from them.

8. BlueLT1500

BlueLT1500 Rockstar

thanx Darcy...ill check them out....hopefully they have a kit for the NBS :happy: