1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

HID's

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by 04chevtruck, Feb 26, 2010.

1. 04chevtruck

04chevtruck New Member

i have a 2004 silverado and I'm looking into getting ddm tuning's HID kit for my low's and fogs. should i go with 35 watt or 55 watt? also 6000k or 8000k? and what size bulbs are my fogs?? thanks guys

2. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey I just recently installed HIDs in my 06 silverado i went with the 35watt so they would runn alittle cooler than the 55...Huge difference. infact I think that My lows are brighter than my old Highs..hahaha

3. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

Ive never heard of different watt HID's but i would recommend 8000k andyour fog lights are 9005

4. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Your fogs will take a 9005 bulb and I have the ddm 35w kits in my lows and fogs. The color temperature is just your preference. 6000k is nice 8000k has a little more blue. I have 8000k and love them

5. 8 lug

8 lug New Member

clarification

Those look fantastic.
    Anyone know how well they work with smoked lenses?

6. 04chevtruck

04chevtruck New Member

thanks guys just ordered 8000k's for my lows and fogs :happy:

7. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

When you get yours make sure you get some pics up! I'm debating on what to get. I wanna get 35w. I don't know if i should get 6000K or 8000K. I want them to be just as bright if not brighter than stock. Any info would help.

8. 04chevtruck

04chevtruck New Member

thanks alot guys... ill get pics up as soon as i get them installed!!!

9. Coolwheels05

Coolwheels05 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the 8k 35watts in my lows and ordered the same for my fogs last week. I also ordered a set of factory style smoked fogs last week. I love my HID's and have had no problems so far with them.

10. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

I have 35w 6k highs, lows, and fogs. Honestly i dont need the highs. lol

Attached Files: