1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

high flow cats

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by npverhey1, Dec 15, 2008.

1. npverhey1

npverhey1 New Member

im lookin into putting headers on my turck, and i know i should go with some high flow cats, but i cant afford then right now, how bad is it to stick with stock cats vs high flow cats? and can anyone recomend a set of headers they like or some good deals on any?
  2. _BT_

_BT_ New Member

3. npverhey1

npverhey1 New Member

ok so not putting on high flow cats isnt gonna mess my engine up then right?
  4. _BT_

_BT_ New Member

no not at all.
  5. npverhey1

npverhey1 New Member

alright thanks alot!:great:
  6. white and chrome

white and chrome New Member

No, they just improve flow. Go for it.
  7. lilbrett

lilbrett New Member

When I was getting my exhaust done the guy told me high flow cats weren't worth it because the gain wasn't worth the cost. He said the ones on newer vehicles flow really well, I kind of have to belive him because he lost a couple hundred on that sale.
  8. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

im getting my exhaust done, and i've ordered magnaflow high flow cats for $80 a piece off the gravana tuning. i was going to go with pacesetter, but that was WAY too much
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey Npverhey1 i found a website called www.autoanything.com this is where i buy all of my stuff for my truck they basically have everything and the website is setup great. They always have sale's and most the time get $20-$25 off anything over $150 or more with free shipping on everything. I found a good set of Pacestter Long Tube Header's for only $274.92 and this is a good brand. The header's are the Black one's but i plan on buying high temp. paint and coating them allot to make sure it doesn't burn off ha. If you buy from this site wait and look online at the top of page to see if the sale is going on and get $20 bucks off so you will only pay $255 for a set of long tubes with free shipping that's fast! I hope this help's you ouy because everytime i buy from this site i'm amazed and am 100% satisfied.
  10. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

stock cats are hight flows, but you wont be able to use them on long tube headers unless you cut and weld them in, or weld a flange onto them....and your wasting your money if you go with shorty headers