1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

High Idle

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by meatloaf, Sep 23, 2009.

1. meatloaf

meatloaf New Member

I have an 83 toyota LC with an 04 5.3L Vortec out of a Tahoe. The wiring harness and computer (EPROM) came from Fuel Injection Specialties out of San Antonio... It is idleing high. I got codes P0507 another 02 code (cant remember # at this time). I've had this problem since the conversion two years ago. Measured resistance on the IAC and it measured 58 ohms, I cleaned it with carb cleaner, re-installed, cleared codes and now it idles even higher. Pulled the IAC again and it measured 48 ohms, went a junk yard bought another one for $20, it too measured 48 ohms. Wagon still idles way high - it can run at about 35mph on its own on 4th gear. One other thing I noticed yesterday after I swapped the IAC i got at the junk yard is that I can hear the aftermarket Spectre airfilter sucking in massive amounts of air. I hear it from inside the cab and it comes and goes as I am driving. It was not doing this before I swapped IAC's. Hope all this makes some sense...

Any other suggestions? Any good place here in Austin where I can get an honest pro to diagnose the problem?

TIA,

Meatloaf