1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

high mileage cleaning??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by suburban2500, Nov 24, 2009.

1. suburban2500

suburban2500 Member

ok guys heres what i need to know i have an 06 2500 with the 6.0 in it it was a worktruck so only the necessities were done what do you recomend i clean under the hood it now has 145,000 on it what needs to be cleaned and what do i use???? maf? iacv? throttlebody? sea foam? oil changes were done constantly and i put the new penzoil platinum in it says it cleans 46 percent of sludge should i still use a motor flush??? any tips to help any recomendations??? anything would be greatly appreciated thanks guys
  2. marine59

marine59 Member

engine cleaning good only on outside of engine on the inside use a good oil and FILTER i use lucas oil and stabalizer, i use a K & N oil and air filter, this will keep inside your engine in great condition, in winter i use regular valvoline oil, have put thousands of miles and NEVER a engine failure. keepit tuned up will help to keep carbon from aaccumilating on valve stems, you can pop a valve cover to see if there is any sludge in valve train, good luck but i would stay away from engine flushes ken
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

just use quality products, you get what you pay for. i currently own 142k and 180k mileage vehicles and no problems, just do the correct maintainence and pay attention to what is going on in your vehicle. if you have a tach pay attention to it, temp gauge, pay attention to your mpgs every fill up, these 3 things are FREE tell tales that if something is going on in your vehicle they will be some of the first things effected. I do use seafoam every october and may in both vehicles though