1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hight idle, code 507. 97 Burb

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by fierodough, Mar 12, 2007.

1. fierodough

fierodough Member

I have a high idle, just over 1K RPM. I get a check engine light and code 507. Iac idle higher then expected.

So is there a way to test the iac valve beffore I sped $100 for a new one? Could there be something else that may set off this code? Any vacuum lines that are prone to break? I heard something about the throttle body gaskets being prone to leaking?

With the cost of gas, I'd really like to have her running as best as possible. :)

PS: 5.7L Vortec 97 Suburban.

Thanks!
    Eric
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hi Eric I hope this helps...

TROUBLESHOOTING HINTS (The most likely causes for this code to be set are):
    Idle air control motor failed.
    Open or shorted idle air control motor circuit, or loose connector.
    PCM failed.
    There is a troubleshooting procedure for checking the circuit and pinpointing the problem, but before doing that I would recommend cleaning the throttle body first. Many times a simple cleaning will eliminate this code.

Good luck :cool:
  3. fierodough

fierodough Member

thanks for the reply.
    Cleaned out the TB with cleaner and a toothbrush. It's spotless. I think I need to bite the bullet and buy an IAC.. *sigh*

what should the idle be at on a 5.7 Vortec? I got the truck with this prob..

Cheers!
    Eric
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think idle speed is 600 hot and 800/900 cold...
    anybody else?
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds about right.