1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

hoe do i change a shift knob?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bcavin6555, Apr 23, 2007.

1. bcavin6555

bcavin6555 New Member

i want to put a new shift knob on my 2004 silverado gear shift. don't know how to do it and would appreciate some help

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Please forgive me for asking. Are you trying to change the knob on a standard trans gear shift, or on a column gear selector for an Automatic trans?

3. bcavin6555

bcavin6555 New Member

standard

its a standard teansmission, any help would be awsome

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  5. bcavin6555

bcavin6555 New Member

thanks

i tried twisting it off before and it didn't budge, but i'll try again with a can of man. i want to get a revolver cylinder with .44 mag rounds in it from auto zone. they also make a cigarette lighter that looks like a 10 guage hi-brass shell.

6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Unless there press in? I don't have a Silverado...maybe I should stay out of this forum and let someone that does have one answer

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Some units are glued on. I had a knob come slick off in the heat of the summer. Try hitting it with a heat gun or a hair dryer for like 5 minutes and then twist and pull with everything you've got.