1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Holiday Plans 2011 Thread ~ What are you doing???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

happy-holidays.jpg Just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a happy and festive holiday season for 2011!

We've got a bunch of stuff planned between now and Christmas in our house. We'll have a "North Pole Express" train ride, where the kids get hot chocolate and the dude in the red suit comes through and the kids say what they want for Christmas. We're gonna do the Bass Pro Shops Christmas village and maybe find one or two more like that.

We just did the Dallas Children's Hospital/Adolphus parade last Saturday. Gonna go visit my wife's grandfather up in Sherman, TX as well maybe over the weekend. I'm sure we'll have some fires in the fireplace, do some shopping, drive around looking at lights, just having a good time enjoying the cold weather after the crazy hot summer we had.

We'll be attending a Christmas Eve service, then open a couple of gifts each for the kids before bed on the 24th. Then we'll have some family over on Christmas day, trying to keep the kids out of the gifts until we open them later and have a great time together and a huge roll-me-to-the-couch-please meal.

Then, if I know my wife, she'll be heading out on the 26th to get some deals out and about and exchanging gifts for the right size, etc.

New Years Eve? Not sure what we're doing. Probably going to hang out with some family friends, maybe let all of the kids collapse together on the hide-a-bed couch and ring in the new year with a glass of champagne and a kiss at midnight.

That's about it. Nothing to crazy or fancy, but trying to enjoy these days while the kids are young and build some good memories with them.
  2. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

Working through the Holidays. We will be down for Christmas kinda. We do Christmas for others and adopt needy children in my church. I am not rich. But if I can spare it, some kid will get a present he otherwise might not get. My 2012 vacation kicks in on January 1 2012 so I am heading to Big Sky Montana! A buddy has a time share and all I need is a plane ticket and a lift ticket! This year I am thinking about shaving my head and growing my beard back! LOL
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm thinking that we need to have a beard-growing contest in January too. Just keep that in mind. :)
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Merry Christmas to everyone!!:happy:
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Well if you have to go through Salt Lake City and have to wait a few hours, let me know and I will buy you lunch. I live about 20 minutes from the airport
  6. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

Thanks Coach! I have a direct flight from Atlanta to Boseman. But once in the air, there are no guarantees on where you come down....LOL

There is member on this site about 45 minutes out of Salt Lake City if I remember correctly. Mid thirties I am guessing, red head, a little on the liberal side but not into politics. She has not been active since early this year. Likes to take her horses and go backcountry camping. May be she will pop back up around the holidays.
  7. Coach24

Yeah at my age I certainly believe that. I also believe in Santa, the Easter bunny and Washington, DC is full of honest hard working politicians.
    Yup, a mid thirties redheaded woman? In my dreams!

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

BAH HUMBUG! Xmas is just another paid holiday for those folks wasting my tax dollars
  8. jnbama

jnbama Member

just started my winter whiskers last week and the grey has taken over like moss on a stone
  9. Coach24

My beard has been in place since 1985 and just recently started being infiltrated by the grays.
    Have some of that color for men that they sent me @ no charge but still hesitant to use it. Plucking the grays worked for awhile but now I understand why women pay to have their brows done, not sure about their beards and staches.
  10. jnbama

jnbama Member

If I'm ever up that way again Burger Bar Roy, UT :great: