1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Holiday Plans 2011 Thread ~ What are you doing???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Going to think JESUS for what i have... watch others open presents... eat sleep ...eat some more .
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Nuff said. Used to be a secret for locals. Did you have the glorious elk meat? That is the best and the onion rings are hand dipped.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Good idea. Although I thank the good Lord each day for what I am allowed to enjoy.
    Not a perfect time but I understand things could be worse for me personally. But all I have to do is look around at those in less fortunate situations and it is clear I am dang lucky to have what I have. Would I like more? Yes! But I will accept what I have for now.
    Personally I don't need a retail holiday to thank God for my life.
    May all have a more prosperous year in 2012.
  3. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I think I just had the best Christmas ever! The original estimate was 550 people, we scrambled for more tables and chairs. Estimate now is over 700 - Christmas For Others brings volunteers and needy families together through our church. Our youth department coordinates assigning needy kids to volunteers who go out and meet the kids and their families. Then, based on the information received from the visits, we buy them presents and bring them to a Christmas party at our church. We feed them lunch, have some Christmas music, there are skits, and a quick visit from Santa.

When you see teenagers loving on these children and the impact it has on both parties, you have to be optimisti. Regardless of the problem, a united community in Christ can change lives. Want change? Get off your tail and make change. No government has ever been able to solve social problems. They only perpetuate them. Merry Christmas GMTC!
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

heading to the parents on the 17th. 1300 miles one way... christmas there on the 23 (also my birthday) 24th to the wifes family, then the 25th for christmas at my grandparents....

from there i dunno, gota fit in friends along with all that. so much driving. ol truck is gonna get a work out for sure.

Alex
  5. Caddiac

Sounds like a great trip! 1300 miles you gotta be going west...
  6. Sierraowner5.3

back to minnesota....

map quest says 1286 the way im planning on going.

Alex
  7. Caddiac

Have a safe trip! Get yourself a GPS navigator if possible. Big help on a long trip. Godspeed!
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

1286 miles, averaging 90 mph that's gonna be ... :) A long time anyway you slice it.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

yes i have a gps....

i know itll be along drive, but flying was out due to cost of round trip for 2 people....

plus i dont mind driving to much....

wifey and i will be switching off and i plan on leaving around 1 am or so (can sign out at 12:01 am on the 17th for leave) and driving the first bunch... should be interesting to say the least. gonna be a good check of the mileage the truck gets.

Alex
  10. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

First Christmas without my family and friends (since I moved 5100 KM away from Ontario to British Columbia) Some of the officers and people I met are alone too, so we have decided to do an Orphan Christmas; we will get together and eat and drink- making fresh Moose Roast, Duck, Stuffin', potatoes, roast veggies, and pie and booze... Going to be sad without my sister and mom, but I'll be going back to Ontario in February for two weeks..