Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Holley Coil Pack Covers

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by KyleZ71, Nov 20, 2011.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

As most of you guys already know I've been looking for a way to help dress up the engine bay of my '03 Silverado. I like the black look under the hood (went with the black plastic K&N, painted the alternator black, ect) and then I came across these from holley. I was thinking of customizing them, and either paint or label a bowtie and cheverolet on them. Is anyone using them now? I know they will probably require lot of trimming. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks all
    http://www.holley.com/242-1.asp

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

interesting, and seem over priced.

Alex

3. KyleZ71

I've seen alot worse for some companies. One company makes a different valve cover for the packs, so you can put the classic small block covers on for $400 others companies versions starting at $200

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Kyle, I've seen the Holley Coil Cover's, but don't know anyone that has them installed......here are Coil Cover's from Edelbrock, that I think are Sweet looking,

5. KyleZ71

I love them but I did research and they will not fit stock motors. They were made for LS swapped cars. Since they are metal, idk how they could be made to fit. But they are about 100 bucks more. I like yours (Heartbeat's) but I cant put the bowtie and chevrolet on them. I found the spacermax by taylor, but the valve cover conversion kit that cost $300-$400. Also I want to customize my vortec motor cover, so I dont want to have to get rid of that.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Oh you did research those Coil Covers from Edelbrocks, O"Well thought it was worth a shot.......on the ones I have on my truck, with most of the G.M./Chevy Emblems today, they have 3m double-sided tape to mount them.....they may work with the Coil Covers I have???

7. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the holley coil covers. In order to make them fit they will need trimming. I have done mine just haven't had them painted or put on yet.

8. KyleZ71

How much trimming? Something I can take care of with air cuttery tools