1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Holley Throttle body problems

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by okysmokey911, Jun 21, 2009.

1. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 New Member

I recently purchased the holley throttle body 670 cfm 502-9 for my tbi 350. I installed the unit and its idle is somewhere around 1500. I am wondering how you can adjust the idle. The throttle body also sticks after you open it up all the way. Any suggestions about how to keep remedy both of these problems?
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

What kind of truck do you have? I would fix the sticking throttle first. Something is binding. Start loosening bolts until it quits sticking. Post up your truck info and we'll tell you how to adjust the idle.
  3. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 New Member

I fixed the sticking problem. I had to adjust the idle control spring which was catching. At the time I did not realize that the idle control was on the left side of the throttle body, but after playing with it I got the idle to where I want. The only problem that I am having now is that when I step on the throttle it feels like the engine bogs down like its not getting enough fuel.

As for my truck I have a 93 k1500 with a 5.7 350 5spd standard