1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

holley throttlebody

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by leprachaun, Jul 22, 2009.

1. leprachaun

leprachaun New Member

HI all, fairly new to the forum here, was just wondering if anyone on here with an older TBI 305 or 350 (5.0 or 5.7) is running an after market holley performacne throttle body, im thinking about putting one on my truck, just in serch of a bit more power and wondering if it was worth it, ive already got an exhaust and custom intake setup, if anyine could let me know it would be appreciated :)
  2. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow New Member 100 Posts

yeah you would benefit a lot more from it now that you have an more open intake/exhaust
  3. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

yes yes yes you would feel the difference by the seat of your pants. I prefer edelbrock but holly is good also
  4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

On that motor you would really benefit from adding a throttle body spacer as well...
  5. leprachaun

leprachaun New Member

lol was planning on adding the spacer anyways, lol yeah the 305 raelly does lack alot of bottom end power, im so used to driving diesels, ive just come to expect it lol
  6. Mean_Green_95

lol, my 95 has the 305, but the 5-speed behind it, so I never notice the low end problem. I always noticed the top end lacking tho. My 2000 Sierra is awesome tho. Lots of low end and top end.
  7. leprachaun

leprachaun New Member

lol yeah the ls series of engine are awesomemlol, jsut another quick question if i do put this throttlebody on, would it be in my best interest to adjust my ignition timing??
  8. Mean_Green_95

I cant answer that one my friend...