1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Holy Flagpole Batman ... the website is super fast

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, I was expecting the site to speed up, but I didn't expect it to speed up as much as it did.

WOW! Anyone else?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I'm doing some speed tests right now, but most of these pages are taking less than 2 seconds to load. :) That could be because we have no one on the server right now, but in any case it's very fast. :)

2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Steve!!! Kinda reminds of a saying about, well never mind ... I don't want to be banned! From my perspective, it is pure magic how fast the site has become now. It is as beautiful as I imagine GMErica to be....! Thanks!

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let's wait until we get a big load on the server, but it looks like it's really got nothing to worry about.

4. ChevyFan

anyone else notice the site's a ton faster now?

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am definitely noticing a difference!

6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Seems to be a little faster now:great:

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Human-noticeable speed improvement confirmed. It's most notable when saving a new post ... which was formerly one of the slowest non-admin activities on the site.

8. ChevyFan

Yeah, I'm confirming that the site has not had any DNS issues for me today at all. I sent out a mass email this morning (sorry guys if you got more than one) just to let everyone know that we're still here.

9. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Everything is faster now and SurrealOne is right that post are faster big time. Great job.

10. ChevyFan

We still have some configuration to do on the server, but I'm working with the host company on this to get it all straight over time. Like they forgot to properly set the "keep alive" setting, so people were not having their sessions kept active and it was overloading the server ... just little things like that need to be addressed one at a time.