Holy Snow!!

Discussion in 'MI - Michigan Chevy Truck Club' started by Pikey, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We were told 8-11". I measured multiple places around my yard and came up with 15". I will try to post some pics later. What did you guys get? Hope you are ready for the bone chilling negative temperatures today and tomorrow. They are saying a high of 4 degrees. Wind chill puts it around -30. Hope your ant-freeze and battery are up to the task!!

2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

WOW, I feel for you, its only 6 degrees here in northern oklahoma, with just a bit of snow on the ground, your area is not fit for man or beast, you are correct, its going to be a great test of battery condition and anti-freeze. burrrr.

3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Better you than me buddy! Lol my high for the day is only 36* here in sw Colorado. That's cold enough for me

4. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I bet plumbers are having a field day with pipes freezing up this year, and its still early into winter. I sure am happy I dont live up north. lol.

5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I don't think I could be a plumber. Just the thought of a spider under the house keeps me out lol

6. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Yes, you got 'dumped' on ! I'm a long way west of you, we were expecting up to 6" - fortunately we only got an inch or so, was hard to tell as it came down while we were having 20+ mph winds ! We sure got the cold however, the high yesterday was -10F. It was -21 at 0700 and it's a balmy 11 now. I'm ready for spring !!!

7. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I got 0 right now and suppose to go down to -15 and it was just officially anounced a blizzard here in Buffalo. hasnt been one here since 93' 60mph winds and 8-17 inches expected tonight. Cant see a damn thing. No work tomarrow. The boss actually feels we wont get enough done in these temps.. Duhh