1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Holy Snow!!

Discussion in 'MI - Michigan Chevy Truck Club' started by Pikey, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We were told 8-11". I measured multiple places around my yard and came up with 15". I will try to post some pics later. What did you guys get? Hope you are ready for the bone chilling negative temperatures today and tomorrow. They are saying a high of 4 degrees. Wind chill puts it around -30. Hope your ant-freeze and battery are up to the task!!

2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

WOW, I feel for you, its only 6 degrees here in northern oklahoma, with just a bit of snow on the ground, your area is not fit for man or beast, you are correct, its going to be a great test of battery condition and anti-freeze. burrrr.

3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Better you than me buddy! Lol my high for the day is only 36* here in sw Colorado. That's cold enough for me

4. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I bet plumbers are having a field day with pipes freezing up this year, and its still early into winter. I sure am happy I dont live up north. lol.

5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I don't think I could be a plumber. Just the thought of a spider under the house keeps me out lol

6. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Yes, you got 'dumped' on ! I'm a long way west of you, we were expecting up to 6" - fortunately we only got an inch or so, was hard to tell as it came down while we were having 20+ mph winds ! We sure got the cold however, the high yesterday was -10F. It was -21 at 0700 and it's a balmy 11 now. I'm ready for spring !!!

7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I got 0 right now and suppose to go down to -15 and it was just officially anounced a blizzard here in Buffalo. hasnt been one here since 93' 60mph winds and 8-17 inches expected tonight. Cant see a damn thing. No work tomarrow. The boss actually feels we wont get enough done in these temps.. Duhh