1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Home made cai

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ukrkoz, Mar 10, 2009.

1. ukrkoz

ukrkoz New Member 100 Posts

Intention to let more HOT air in. :rofl:
    Cost is, basically, none, as I had this filter for 2 yrs plus some duct tape

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

You would be amazed on the performance gains if you would replace that factory pipe with a smooth pipe and put a cone filter on.
  3. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yet another use for duct tape.
  4. ukrkoz

ukrkoz New Member 100 Posts

Papa Red Green is proud of me, that's for sure!

All I am amazed so far with is serious mpg drop. :gasp: I'll fool with it some and put the stock box back in. Good I do not have to worry about mpg too much.
  5. Land Shark

Land Shark New Member 100 Posts

Duct tape, never ending possibilites.......:rofl:
  6. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When the world comes to an end the only things left will be cockroaches, twinkies and things held together with duct tape.

WAY TO GO ON THE DIY!!!!!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thats just scary.
  8. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Again with the negativity. For your intake, how do you have it hooked up to the air filter? The smooth pipe idea is a good one. I've experimented with farm trucks and cold air intakes. And I've experienced the same problem as you. The smooth pipe might help my little projects get better performance.
  9. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you 2 are crackin me up... well friend, you live and you learn, winsome and loose some. it was worth a try in my book. just be smart and DO NOT use pvc under your hood. it can kill you
  10. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

heck man if you wana do it cheep go get some pvc and duct tape it on there. My cuzz used 3 inch pvc and a rubber sleave and his works great. Even used tha stock mass. If you want to be cheap and do it right im telling you that is the way to go. I think it cost him like 45 bucks and that was with a new cone filter. It hasnt killed him yet. That is prolly a red neck joke. You might be a redneck if you use pvc and duct tape on your truck and end up killing yourself.