Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Home Security / Video Surveillance Systems Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I just was at fry's and they don't have any $250 systems. Their packaged systems are all in the $400 to $500 range, plus they want $250 for professional installation as well.

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

When you all get down to the nitty gritty, please be sure to do some reviews as more and more of us will be needing security cameras for one reason or another.
    Being on the road for weeks at a time I am looking for something to hook up with my iphone and/or laptop.. Crime has risen in my community quite a bit lately so I would like to see who is trespassing and then make a call from where ever I maybe on any given day.
    Very interested in getting a system but I will have someone who has a technical background install it. Electronics just aren't my thing.

3. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

It's sad to think crime is rising so much, I wish everyone could understand to respect other people property.

I also agree Steve, let us know what you end up purchasing and take pictures of the install. Can't wait to see the progress!

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Yeah isn't that a novel idea of having respect. I remember it was once just standard practice.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I wouldnt spend the money on their "professional installation" I picked and choosed parts to put together my own system.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've found a good two camera Swann system that I can piece together and install myself for about $250.

I have power in the garage that should be easy enough to tap-into to cover the driveway. I think I'll also cover the front door/entry as well as I have a large overhang too. Buying a four-channel system/DVR isn't really much more and that lets me expand as need be.

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You guys are having that much of a problem in that area?
    Grand Prairie recently stepped up patrols in our area even though we didnt have issues, neighbors just started getting vocal about the lack of police presence, Tarrant Co. patrols are also showing more often, something I hadnt seen in the previous 7 years of living here.
    I also found out the elementary school a few houses down and across the street from me will provide their surveilance video if you have the police request it for an investigation.

8. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I've noticed that the Forney police have seemed to doubled over the past year. It's nice to see extra police around the area!

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

generally speaking cops are a good thing, until they dont know the laws the are sposed to enforce, but thats a whole other discussion. sad thing is you would think that living on a military post as small as FT. Story things here would be pretty quiet, and for the most part they are, but we have had issues here. thats why my 9mm lives next to my bed.

Alex

10. Marie Abbatoy

Marie Abbatoy New Member

My Husband Bill and I own a security business and sell security cameras. As we all know there are many different kinds and many different prices. We have camera techs available who could talk with you about your situation and exactly what camera would do the job for you and at the best price. If you are interested, call us at (863) 514-3708 and we will set you up to talk with one of our camera techs and in the meantime, you can check out the cameras on our websites at http://www.personalsecuritycompany.com/Cameras and http://www.electronicsurveillancecompany.com. Best of luck in finding the help you need and keep us in mind if you need assistance! Marie Abbatoy