1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hood and light bar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by that1funk, Oct 26, 2010.

1. that1funk

that1funk New Member

I am stationed overseas right now and am planning to buy between a 1999 and 2004 silverado 1500 in a couple months when i return from overseas. Ive been looking at a few aftermarket parts for them to include a hood and front light bar. I found a hood I really like but it says its for 03-05 silverados. Is it possible to mount a hood meant for an 03-05 truck up to a 99-02? I am having the same problem with light bars, i've found a few i like but they all say 03-05, is there any difference in how they mount up between the 03-05 and the 99-02? Thanks for any help you can give me
  2. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

I don't have answers to your questions, but first off Welcome to the GM Truck Club :) Secondly, if you haven't actually bought the 99, if I was you I'd go with the 04 truck. I am absolutely in love with my 03, and I really like how many aftermarket parts and companies there are for my body style-its kinda like the 03-06 Silverado's are the Honda Civics (except faster) of trucks-everyone makes parts for them, and they can be had pretty cheap if you know where to look.

Good luck in your search!
  3. that1funk

that1funk New Member

Thanks for the tip. Ive been leaning towards just looking for 03 or 04 but im not finding many around that arent over priced or they are just not what im looking for.
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

You could probably make the light bar work (although it may not be as easy of an installation as if you were to buy a light bar that is specifically meant for the body style you have). However, I'm not quite sure that the hood would work. You're looking at two different body styles so you would have to do some pretty major modification to get it to fit. I'm just not sure it's worth it. The hood for the 03-06 is going to be slanted backwards in the front to accommodate the shape of the headlights. On the 99-02 model trucks, the headlights are nothing like that. As as result, I'm thinking you're going to run into your first problem there. Not to mention other fit problems (width, length, connections, etc.).

Keep looking around and see if you can't find a hood that is made for the body style you want to buy that you like a little better. There are endless amounts of aftermarket parts out there for those body styles since they are older. Especially for the 03-06 models.

Best of luck!
  5. that1funk

that1funk New Member

thank that helped a lot.