1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hood Insulation Pad

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Swatchvy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Swatchvy

Swatchvy Rockstar

Is the insulation pad attached to the underside of the hood necessary, and what will be different if i remove it. I only ask bc i have a new cowl induction hood and im wondering if the pad will affect the "performance" of the hood. Thanks.:great:
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it depends on whether or not your hood is functional i would assume. i am also guessing that the pad will help reduce any chatter caused by the vibrations
  3. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave Rockstar

I have a cowl hood too but i left the padding on because it really does cut down under hood temperature, it also does help a little with road noise but its more for the temperature, you drive around alot and leave that thing off you wont want to touch the hood because it will be really hot.
  4. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

Just Removed Hood insulation .. paint concerns

87 C10.

I just removed my hood insulation. It was a giant black fiberglass cloud of crap.. looks 1000 times better.

Not concerned so much about engine/road noise, but do fear the engine temperture could cause hood paint (which is maybe 4 years old) to get ruined.

Thoughts? Any suggestions for a replacement? Something alot cleaner and neater.

Anybody been running without one for a long time in a 80s C10 and have no issue with hood paint?

Thanks for any help or information.
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thats alot of speakers in your sig, arent you affraid your eardrum will pop?