1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

hood needs to be painted

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by freddie, Jul 3, 2012.

1. freddie

freddie Rockstar 100 Posts

My 03 Avalanche (black) seems to have a problem with the paint on the hood. It is cracking up pretty much just over the whole area where the motor is underneath. Talked to a local body shop (with whom I know and trust pretty good) he said that he has been seeing a lot of these lately and it will run me about $400 to have it striped and repainted. Does anyone know of a cheaper or better solution? He does really good work so I am not worried about that. I just dont want it to happen anytime soon again after I can save the money up to have it done. Thanks

2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have the same problem with my 03 Escalade Ext. (Also black) I havent done anything about it yet because its become my secondary vehicle but im not impressed with the paint on my 2011 either. Painted in Mexico and have read numerous complaints about the quality from there. Unfortunately Prob. my last G.M.