1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hope everyone is ready for the cold weather

Discussion in 'MI - Michigan Chevy Truck Club' started by Pikey, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well guys, I think that it is finally here. Last week it was in the 50's and now highs of 30's. Today they said with the wind chill it was 8 degrees. I hope everyone has their winter prep done. I guess modding season is officially over.
  2. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

As ready as I can be. Had a high temp yesterday of 20 degrees. Wood stove is going,lawn furniture is picked up. Modding is over unless you have a heated garage or live in a warmer area.
  3. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

4. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

And let Ski season begin!!!!
  5. Pikey

lol, Last year my sons's school did a thing with pine knob where you got a membership for $80, then each week you could get an all day lift ticket on mondays for $20. I am glad that I did not do it. There was hardly any snow there all year. I live a few miles from pine knob and the hill was mostly green all last winter. I am glad I did not spring for one of their unlimited passes. I think they are around $500. those people got screwed last year.
  6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

:grrrrrr:Dont even get me started!!! Winter SUCKS!!!!:grrrrrr:
  7. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

I'm ready for some snow. Not cold weather though. Just had to work outside in 28 degree weather all day.

Then comes the dang salt they throw on the roads that makes a huge mess. I can't stand it.

I wish they used sand, much more better.

Do plows throw down salt or sand where you guys live?
  8. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Pure salt here. And some type of liquid they spray on the salt at the spreader which makes it work at a lower temp. I guess they can't use the liquid when temps are above 25. On the interstate roads up in Vermont, they have 18 wheel tankers that spray it right before it starts snowing. Keeps the snow from sticking and packing on the road. We just had some squalls over the weekend and now all the roads are white with salt residue.
  9. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

I hate it. Makes me cringe when i see it all over my truck. I try and give the frame a hose off every time it snows and i drive it.
  10. Pikey

yea, pure salt in Michigan also. It stinks. I drive over in Ontario often, only being 45 minutes from the Canadian border. They use sand over there. First, the traction created by it is great. Second, your truck looks awesome after driving thru it and parking it at a hotel over night. I came out and it looked like I just waxed it.

I wash my truck every time I drive it in the snow. "We will take your van" is something I utter very often in winter.