Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hope everyone is ready for the cold weather

Discussion in 'MI - Michigan Chevy Truck Club' started by Pikey, Nov 24, 2013.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

That sand is mixed with salt...plus we use that brine liquid crap too....not many rust free vehicles up here.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It has been some time since I have been over to Windsor. No one was using brine last time I was there.
  3. Just no! I hate the cold.
  4. Pikey

The way I see it is if I am going to be freezing my butt off in 15 degree weather (without wind chill) Then there should be snow on the ground! Cold with no snow = sucks, cold with snow= :great:
  5. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I've always thought that. No sense in cold weather if it isn't gonna snow.

We're actually having some flurries right now but not sticking!
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

First freezing rain of the season this morning. Woke to a dusting of snow, by 8:am, everything was covered in ice. Warmed by noon and things melted, calling for rain and 13 deg c (55 deg f) tomorrow.
  7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Just spent an extra 45 minutes added to my 2 hour drive home from work because people decide to do half the speed limit with a dusting on the road.:grrrrrr:. This is just another reason why I hate winter... And its only just begun.:no:
  8. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

[MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] smart thinking. I used to get the club deal too back when i wasas in high school. Not anymore, I got sick of skiing the same hill all the time. Now if I do, I head north to the bigger hills to the point where I dont get bored. However, new to this area so ive got a few different hills to choose from.
  9. Pikey

To find any "decent" skiing in Michigan you have to drive at least 5 hours north. I would rather just drive to NY. IT takes 5 hours and you can ski Mt. Holiday. The first time I skied was in Vermont. It was a great place to learn to ski. It took me about 2.5 hours for my first run. But, by the time I got to the bottom I knew what I was doing. Here in Michigan people think that they are skiing when they go strait down a garbage hill without falling. In Vermont if you went straight down a hill, you were dead! I hate skiing here. It is really boring. I usually get kicked out because I get bored and ski out of bounds because that is they only thing challenging that is here. I would love to ski Colorado.
  10. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Very true. Thats the case at bittersweet by Kalamazoo. You get bored so fast you start to break the rules and get booted by ski patrol. My cousin and I are trying to plan a trip east, just trying to figure the best days. I would love to go to Colorado but that will just have to wait a few years