1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hope to share my Van Pics and 56 Chev if size allows [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by trucknkid, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trucknkid

trucknkid New Member

My 97 Chevy Express 1500 Van Geneva Conversion w. toys! 5.7 Powerplant
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Upload your pics to the gallery and then post your pics in your message.
  3. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We always love pics :great:
    Post them like Steve described.
  4. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What was your trip mpg with the 5.7?

trucknkid, what sort of mpg did you get on the trip?I bought a 1998 Suburban(5.7 2wd-200,000 miles) 2 months ago and I'm kinda curious what sort of mpg I will get.It has the same drivetrain as your van,so I expect it would be maybe 2 mpg better on the hy because it has a little less aero drag than your van.I get 12-13mpg in pure city driving(not bad-my Pilot 3.6 v-6 1000 lbs lighter-only got 13-14 same driving).I'm guessing I'll get about 17 mpg or so on the interstate at 70+mph.
    Thanks,
    Charlie
  5. trucknkid

trucknkid New Member

Hey Charlies the best I can tell ya is that my Van is a 97 with a 5.7 powerunit, avg 18MPG on highway, I also use GPS when in a town like Chicago although I grewup there I had to reroute aroute the Nothern end off Lincoln & 94 to the Southside took an extra 45Mins. all together I spent under 200 bucks which was great because I had to visit an ol Trucker friend I grew up with! an money is an object when ya gotta work from paycheck to paycheck so-around 430 Mi. (Lasing Il final dest.) & back to Minnesota. hope that helps Bud!
  6. trucknkid

trucknkid New Member

My Van

New to this Forum thing sorry about wasting some spc. hope this works Sweet running unit, the only downside No Doghouse! has anyone ever added an aftermkt one in there Van to access engine upper rear if so what Mods etc. send me your Van Pics if ya like to brick7985@msn.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  7. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hi Trucknkid,
    Nice Van you have there, you can have a look at mine in the picture gallery look in the member section under Davandy.
    Keep on trucking :great:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.