Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

hope you discard Old Oil properly !!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by silverhobey, Nov 5, 2010.

1. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

:glasses:for all that change their own oil, hope everyone is discarding properly and keeping the environment safe. Up here in Canada, we have Hazardous Waste Depots that take our oil ( among many other items ) and I probably dispose of about 6 to 8 -- 1 gallon jugs a year ( I take friends and familly stuff quite often ) If you don't know what to do with yours, please don't put it in the garbage....check with you local community or garages to find where to get rid of it safely.....thanks:party:

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I use mine as fertilizer...jk haha. I drop the old oil off at my town's recycling center.

3. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Autozone is down the street. I'm not that lazy.

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mine, my uncle's, and my cousin's old motor oil get saved and used to start fires. Old oil is perfect for that!

5. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

The shop I work in has a used oil burning furnace. They certainly dont need my measly 15 gallons a year but thats where i take it.

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

10-4.. The GM dealer in the nearby town converted all the heaters in the building to burn old motor oil, & welcomes any & all donations. If he ever runs low they will probably start paying us for it. Now.. if we could just get people to stop using & throwing plastic disposeable diapers in the landfills, our groundwater would be a lot healthier.

7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oil goes to the recycling center.

Where are disposable diapers supposed to go?

8. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As mentioned above.....Local Recycling Center.

9. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's the first I've ever heard of that. I can't imagine what the smell must be like from that dumpster. I'll have to check my town regulations to see if they recycle dirty diapers.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If it came from the ground, can't I just dump it back on the ground?

Just kidding of course. All AutoZone stores accept used motor oil. Do the guys a favor though, and bring it in a halfway clean jug.....