1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

horn question?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by dbach, Aug 27, 2009.

1. dbach

dbach New Member

2003 Chevy 1500HD, 6.0L V8

my horn sounds lame. stupid question I know, are there two horns in a stock truck? mine sounds crappy like maybe only one horn is working.

dbach
  2. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member

I think they are just like that. Mine is pretty high pitched.
  3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

mines like that too, it sound like a bread van horn.

oh well, i got use to it. Im planning to go with an aftermarket alarm anways, these factory alarms are garbage.
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

You can add an extra horn or replace with a load set of horns. Auto Zone has them.
  5. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member

Yeah factory alarms are usually junk. They all sound the same just the repeating honk. When my truck was stolen I heard the alarm but assumed it was someone else's or some people messing around in the parking lot because the honking ended pretty quickly. :no:

Next time my alarm goes off --->:fighting0019:
    I have an aftermarket alarm now.
  6. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

My kids call mine a "chick horn". (sorry, chicks)

I use the air horn - alot.
  7. dbach

dbach New Member

Found the problem. I have a 2003 Chevy 1500HD. It has two horns, left and right sides. the right side horn , or passenger side, does not work. this explains the funky noise.

Off to the parts house.
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would replace the two horns. I was almost embarrased the first time I hit the horn. Went to Kragen I think and picked up two. the left side was easy and replaced. At the time the right side seemed to be more work so I haven't replaced it yet. But just switching the one definately helped with the bicycle horn sound (you know the little one you squeeze the red bulb on).
  9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

Lol at the chick horn.

I might have to check them out at autozone, jimmie is the sound adjustable?
  10. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member

Yeah i may look into swapping mine out too