Horrible tint job

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by kgibson181, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have had my 15% tint on for about 2 months, went outside this morning and the front passenger window had about a 3 inch bubble surrounded by other small ones and all the other windows had minor ones. We were recovering from a very humid hot and rainy 2 days and my windows had been cracked allowing a little moisture in but still, a good installation would have prevented this. Now I have to go to the guy and tell him to take it off and re-do it for free (hopefully).

2. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hopefully you have a good installer who stands behind his work! The shop I use for all my vehicles gives a lifetime warrenty.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If youi used a "reputable" installer, he should cover itl I have gone to the same place for my last few vehicles. I've never had a problem, but you never know. Good luck!

4. Gnarnar

Gnarnar New Member

Good Luck.

Ive had mine redone before when there was a minor bubble in the corner back window but since i knew it was there it bugged me. lol

5. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've had my driver window retinted before, and the shop did it for free because of a small bubble. I would be pissed in your situation if they didnt retint for free. But then agian i kinda wouldnt be surprised if this happened to alot of people locally for you that went to that tint shop as well :grrrrrr:

6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I agree...I got a lifetime warranty on my which covers bubbles. Good luck!

7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ditto on the warranty. I had the same guy do my silverado that did a friends S-10 back in 1990. He's been in busniss for over 25 years and does perfect work. He charges for it too! :)

8. dlaird08

dlaird08 New Member

Always have had mine done @ the same place for two reasons 1) they do amazing work and I have had them do all my vehicles and 2) Lifetime Warranty on any thing that goes wrong with them!Hopfuly they will fix them.

9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

make sure they use a heat gun, ive seen shops just put tint on the and remove the air bubble with a squigee. <--- how ever you spell it.

10. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

You didn't clean the tint side of your windows the night before did ya. If you did, is it possible that you used a window cleaner with ammonia in it? If you did it can ruin a tint job quick.