Horrible tint job

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by kgibson181, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member

Have had my 15% tint on for about 2 months, went outside this morning and the front passenger window had about a 3 inch bubble surrounded by other small ones and all the other windows had minor ones. We were recovering from a very humid hot and rainy 2 days and my windows had been cracked allowing a little moisture in but still, a good installation would have prevented this. Now I have to go to the guy and tell him to take it off and re-do it for free (hopefully).
  2. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

Hopefully you have a good installer who stands behind his work! The shop I use for all my vehicles gives a lifetime warrenty.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

If youi used a "reputable" installer, he should cover itl I have gone to the same place for my last few vehicles. I've never had a problem, but you never know. Good luck!
  4. Gnarnar

Gnarnar New Member

Good Luck.

Ive had mine redone before when there was a minor bubble in the corner back window but since i knew it was there it bugged me. lol
  5. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 New Member

I've had my driver window retinted before, and the shop did it for free because of a small bubble. I would be pissed in your situation if they didnt retint for free. But then agian i kinda wouldnt be surprised if this happened to alot of people locally for you that went to that tint shop as well :grrrrrr:
  6. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

I agree...I got a lifetime warranty on my which covers bubbles. Good luck!
  7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member

Ditto on the warranty. I had the same guy do my silverado that did a friends S-10 back in 1990. He's been in busniss for over 25 years and does perfect work. He charges for it too! :)
  8. dlaird08

dlaird08 New Member

Always have had mine done @ the same place for two reasons 1) they do amazing work and I have had them do all my vehicles and 2) Lifetime Warranty on any thing that goes wrong with them!Hopfuly they will fix them.
  9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member

make sure they use a heat gun, ive seen shops just put tint on the and remove the air bubble with a squigee. <--- how ever you spell it.
  10. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member

You didn't clean the tint side of your windows the night before did ya. If you did, is it possible that you used a window cleaner with ammonia in it? If you did it can ruin a tint job quick.
  11. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member

Nah Im always sure to use cleaners approved for window tint and I havet=nt cleaned my windows in like a month anyway.