1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

House Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ajarman, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Started the process of building a house January '14 and thought I would have a "house" build thread for those who want to see it from start to finish. I will try and post iphone pics weekly.

Started out as a wooded lot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the lot was cleared it was time for the basement.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once the basement was dug then the footings were dug and poured.
    [​IMG]

Keeping fingers crossed for good weather the next few months.
  2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Awesome, Hopefully all goes well. remember to keep all the doors shut as much as possible the first couple months while the house settles. Otherwise you'll get a couple doors that wont latch.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The New Man Cave.. Great pics..
  4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Tell the builders to work faster, now I want to see more. Great pics, and congrats on the new home.

Only question is, How big is the garage going to be?
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats Alston, on starting the Build for your New House....the Area looks Beautiful, with all the Trees.....How Big is the Lot??
  6. ajarman

Great advice. Thanks!

Man cave is a must with this house!

The garage was a 3 car, but we cut it down 6' so it will be a big 2 car garage and we will be doing twin 10'x8' doors so my truck will fit with ease!

The lot is 1.55 acres
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats ajarman! I'll be watching this thread closely. I love residential construction.

I too was curious how big the lot was and I see it is 1.55 acres. How much of that was cleared? Just enough for the house or all 1.55 acres? Seems like a pretty thickly wooded area; I would keep as much of those trees as possible.
  8. ajarman

We cleared right at 3/4 of an acre. The lot was heavily wooded so we wanted to keep a good bit of the bigger trees. I have been spending what little free time I have on clearing out the smaller sapplings in the back so we can level out the back yard with the dirt from the basement. Way cheaper to push dirt around than haul it off around here.
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Alston.....You've got some Land to work with, its a Beautiful Spot !!!
  10. ajarman

Thanks Mike!

- - - Updated - - -

The brick was delivered yesterday! We went with Charleston Tumble by Triangle Brick Co.

[​IMG]