1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

House Painting!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 4, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Ugh, after months of looking for a new house, one with enough bedrooms, in the right area, with the right color of brick, with the right features, blah, blah blah.... we found it and signed the papers on Monday and the bank finished it on tuesday.

Since then, I've been working 12 hour days at the house. Had to paint the entire house, I only have the baseboards left to do. Put in some new lights outside, started to water the grass because it's so dry that it's got big cracks all over and the dirt is pulling away from the foundation...

Anyhow, at least it will pay off and I'm almost done! I'll be back to normal in about 1-2 weeks hopefully!
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congratulations with the new house :wink:
    There is always a lot of work on a house if you want to keep it nice en neat. :shock:
    I know what you are talking about; we built our own house from the ground up.
  3. ProTouringSub

ProTouringSub New Member

I can certainly relate. We are basically rebuilding the entire inside of my house after it flooded during Katrina. We are done painting the walls, and we're about halfway through painting the new doors. Today, we painted the new window sills and fit them, so hopefully within the next week or so we will be able to put the plantation shutters back in.

Floors are our next project, and we'll be putting the engineered hardwood throughout most of it. The new truck was put to good use this weekend going and getting all of it. 8)
  4. ChevyFan

Thanks,

\I've got a good quote on a professional tile and flooring guy to come out and lay the tile down this week. Not the hardest job, but I figured that I would hire a pro. Then we're having the carpets restored. After that, we're ready to move in.

The only concession to this house was the small garage (19' x 21' [399 sq. ft]), however, there is plenty of space behind the garage, so I think that later this year or next year I will have it expanded about 15' wide x 10' deep [150 sq. ft] so I can keep my tools, etc.
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I’ve heard that most of the houses in de states are made of wood aren’t there any stone houses?

Over here most of the houses are build wit stone bricks, wood is an exception.
  6. ChevyFan

Well, the house is made with wood and it has a brick exterior. But the brick is 4" thick only, so it's not like a solid brick house like they used to make.
  7. ChevyFan

Well, I should be moving this Friday night and Saturday morning. Have a bunch of friends and folks coming to help me move, so far 7 guys said that they would help out, so that's pretty much going to help out a lot.
  8. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I hope a couple have pickups. Sorry I can't help. I used to get roped into every move for every friend or famly member, I alway thought it was good because then I had to move everyone helped me to.
    Good luck Steve, and don't forget the pizza and beer when you are done. It was always good to have a beer when we were done, but only after we were done.
  9. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

That's a theory I used to use. I helped one friend move 4 times, but every time I asked him to help me, he always had something else to do. :roll:
  10. ChevyFan

Yeah, I have a friend who does HVAC repair. The inspector told me that one of the heater brackets was broken in the attic, so he's going to go up and look after he finished helping me move. I told him there would be a "sixer" up in the attic waiting for him.

I think DSL is hooked up in the new house tomorrow, but it's not guaranteed hooked up until next week, so I may be off for a while except if it's not, unless I go into work early or something.