House with a workshop garage

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

As I said before, I'm living in rented space so I don't have a garage to work on my vehicles in. :-( At least not large projects.

We're looking for a place that we can buy, but my problem is that I work in the middle of Arlington, TX (1 block from the Ballpark in Arlington - 1/2 mile from where they're going to build the new football stadium) ...

Anyhow, I don't really have anything to say or ask otherwise, just ranting. We're looking for a house with a little bit of land maybe, but that's hard to find unless I want to commute 45 minutes each way. Not happening.

2. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

I finally have my at home shop, it makes a big difference to have dedicated space to work in. I am still trying to finish mine up, framing and sheet rock and have to add heat yet also. Once its done it will be my own little heaven on earth. I am trying to lay it out so that my car stuff can be in one space and the wood projects in another space.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We're out looking for places. Not sure if I'll be able to get one this time or not. We've found a house that backs up to a street, with a big backyard. That might be a choice. We're 45-90 days away from buying a house, hopefully it will still be on the market.