1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

House with a workshop garage

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

As I said before, I'm living in rented space so I don't have a garage to work on my vehicles in. :-( At least not large projects.

We're looking for a place that we can buy, but my problem is that I work in the middle of Arlington, TX (1 block from the Ballpark in Arlington - 1/2 mile from where they're going to build the new football stadium) ...

Anyhow, I don't really have anything to say or ask otherwise, just ranting. We're looking for a house with a little bit of land maybe, but that's hard to find unless I want to commute 45 minutes each way. Not happening.
  2. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon New Member 100 Posts

I finally have my at home shop, it makes a big difference to have dedicated space to work in. I am still trying to finish mine up, framing and sheet rock and have to add heat yet also. Once its done it will be my own little heaven on earth. I am trying to lay it out so that my car stuff can be in one space and the wood projects in another space.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We're out looking for places. Not sure if I'll be able to get one this time or not. We've found a house that backs up to a street, with a big backyard. That might be a choice. We're 45-90 days away from buying a house, hopefully it will still be on the market.