Houston we have a problem

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by tbplus10, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Chesters

Chesters Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Might end up being almost and should be like a DUI, not much different, still choosing to risk!

2. xPosTech

xPosTech Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The seatbelt thing follows the idea that if you aren't strapped in you are less likely to stay behind the wheel and maintain control. That was the concept when I lived in Cali.

That was before airbags though. I wouldn't think they could claim loss of control re:unbelted if you've got a giant balloon in your lap.

Hope the wife gets through this sooner than later and no lasting effects. Maybe you can find another 'Houston' with super low miles if not NOS.

Ted

Chesters likes this.
  3. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

If I get caught with a hand held device while driving a commercial vehicle $2,700 fine, points on my license, reported on my driving record and fired by the company . With all the deaths caused by distracted driving I see several a day drivers swerving , running off side of the road, driving too slow and seen a few rear end crashes.$10 fine no seat belt but company policy terminated. Please wear your seat belts, I didn't for a long time but do now. For a moving room fix a clip up by the roller for a little slack and also wear your helmets, E.M.T told me they hold your head and brains together and better chance you would survive

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Chesters as hard as it is for me to comprehend I retired from active duty to inactive reserves 11 years ago in 2004 after 22 years active duty.
    I was recalled to active duty for 10 months in 2005, recalled for 12 months in 2006, recalled for 11 months in 2007 and the last recall to active duty was 2009 for 9 months.
    I retired officially from the Navy in 2012 with 30 years service as a CWO4.

5. Chesters

Chesters Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Wow, that is sure alot of recall's kinda like GMo_O Thanks TB for your service, my family and I do appreciate it.

6. the phantom

the phantom Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I heard a story on the news that law enforcement have devices (or are looking into) that can tell when a cell signal (text or call) is leaving a vehicle. I guess after that the proof will be who was using the device if there are multiple people in the car. so will they create a law almost like an open container law in a vehicle? Passengers are not allowed (here in NY anyway) to consume alcohol in a vehicle but that doesnt effect the driver... well usuallyo_O.

7. the phantom

the phantom Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts