1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How about a Monte Carlo?:

Discussion in 'Chevy Monte Carlo Forum' started by ChevyFan, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I thought about buying a Monte Carlo a few years ago. I got a truck instead, much more practical.
  2. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

The Monte Carlo isn't a bad looking vehicle. It's that high-quality sporty 2-door with a big backseat category.

[​IMG]
  3. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

Here's an interior shot:

[​IMG]
  4. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

is that an 07 monty carlo?? i remember one of my friends had an 87 i think it was. I LOVE THAT CAR!!!! i wanna find another one like that. i think that and an Trans AM are the only cars ill buy
  5. ciosclone

ciosclone Rockstar

My brother in law bought one last year and kept it for a few months than traded it back in . He had a black SS and that thing was sharp!
  6. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah nice cars. but my only problem is that the new ones are too quiet. no matter what you do to them they will never sound like the 80's models. now has anyone seen that one i think its called the montie carlo Aro or something like that the reer windo streaches all the way to the spoiler?not like the normal ones.
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ya the MONTE CARLO "SS" AERO COUPE that was kinda funky looking, I remember thoughs. Very rare too.
  8. dj_skidoo

dj_skidoo New Member

i have an 05 MC SS....its quick for a daily driver, but i do have a 99 grand prix with quite a bit of motor work that will walk on my stock 3.8 supercharged car
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If I'm way out of line here.......SLAP ME! But I was like 99.99% sure that they don't make the Monte Carlo any more?...........AMY
  10. vms4evr

vms4evr Rockstar 100 Posts

They're good cars. Except for the lower intake manifold gasket problems and leaking coolant. They just keep on running. My has an 00 Monte. Has over 170K on it. We just retired it. She had an accident with a it and a Dodge Ram 1500. She walked away shook up and some bruising from the seat belt. The Ram looks worse than her car. Shame. That Monte would have made it to 200K no problem. Cost for parts to fix it is just too much. RIP Monte you server us well.

I may get her another one. She isn't real keen on the Impala. Only wants a Chevy product. That's my gal :)