Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

how about a plowing section ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by quicksilver8817, Sep 24, 2012.

1. quicksilver8817

quicksilver8817 Rockstar 100 Posts

i think we need one .. many of use plow and im sure a wealth of knowledge would be helpful to others ..
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A few inquiries on my part:
    1. Isn't a plow considered an accessory and, if so, wouldn't the Chevy Truck Accessories section work for plows?
    2. Wouldn't this post have been best placed in the Announcements & Feedback section?
    3. Could the fact that it wasn't placed there possibly indicate that we have too many sections for people to properly handle, already?

I'm not a mod or the site owner and have no real preference, either way when it comes to a section for plows, but I already know the sections close to the bottom of the section list see far less use than those up top. Human nature is that people only read/scroll so far. Good site design takes this into account -- and balances the segmentation/separation of concepts with the number of segments/separations people will sift through. Personally I think we're already too section-heavy ... but by comparison, a year ago we had too few.
    :neutral:
    1 person likes this.
  3. quicksilver8817

first off I love your truck.

1.I see your point however i feel as if accessory is an extremely general term . a sticker to some is considered one lol

2. you are correct.

3. Perhaps

I just feel that a plow/plowing section could benifit many members of the site . And a plow would be a very expensive accessory . for example i would consider a trailer an accessory to my truck , the same with a lift kit , new stereo , exhaust , intake , lights , wheels and tires ect.. Almost all have a section dedicated to them .
    Im not saying the information isnt here but it would just be nice to have a dedicated section . I do see your point tho . Maybe its just me, here in ohio just about everyone i know with a truck also owns a plow .
  4. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Some people on this site don't even know what a plow is, as they live in regions that don't get hit like we do... But i do agree with [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] It can just go in the accessories section. But this thread reminds me of how much I can't wait for snow season again, and the long nights of plowing, and clean up. :)
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't miss the snow or cleanup I had to deal with in Kansas, one bit!
  6. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

7. quicksilver8817

i so ready for the snow to come already .. i hope its better than last year because last wint was pretty light here .. That and im excited to plow inmy truck because i had a 1990 1500 stepside and i just got my 2001 2500hd !