Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How about this for a 4yr olds birthday

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by tbplus10, Mar 30, 2008.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My Granddaughter wanted a go-cart for her 4th birthday, so I bought her this
    [​IMG]
    Her mom and dad were pissed at me (like I care) but the granddaughter was grinin from ear to ear.
    She took to drivin it like a champ, only 1 roll over and a few minor crashes, next weekend we learn how well it can jump.

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Im jealous... a little much for a 4 year old but nice toy she can enjoy for a long time!!! is that one of those Honda Pilot things??

3. tbplus10

Made by a company called Twisted Fabrications.
    I bought it used so I got a good price. This one tops out at 43mph with an adult (200lbs) on it, I clocked it with my motorcycle this afternoon.
    I'm working on a governer to keep the speed around 20-25mph, maybe when she's older we'll let her open it up.

4. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

That rocks! I bet the kid's mom loved it to, right? At least its got a rollcage.

5. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

That looks really cool! Excellent gift for a young child :party:
    My dad was looking at getting the Yamaha Rhino but it's undecided yet.

6. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I wish I had one of those when I was 4

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

ditto....I'm 22 and I still don't have one. :lol: However, I've been thinking about getting one and a little trailer to put it on. There's a couple places around me that I could run it in, and I think I'd have a blast with it. :party:

May I inquire as to how much you paid for it? I've been looking and everyone seems to want between 1K and 2K for one that can do 45mph or so....trying to find a good deal

8. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

There is a practical side to this... Just think how good she will be able to drive when she gets older.... I hope there is no cell phone holder in that......:lol:

9. tbplus10

I gave $800, it's a little over a year old but in like new condition. The kid I bought it from got it for Xmas in 2006 then got his drivers license 3 months later, the go cart sat in the garage after that it has 5.5hrs on the engine timer.
    I watched craigslist for a few months and passed on others in the same price range that were "used a little more".
    And no there's no cell phone holder in it, but ironically her dad who works for AT&T bought her a phone for her birthday. All I could do was shake my head.
    I think my daughters more jealous than mad, doesnt matter I bought it because she kept telling me I couldnt buy a Power Wheels electric cart for the kid. And I didnt buy her a Power Wheels, I bought her something much faster.

10. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

You got anymore room in your family for another grandchild? You must be the coolest grandpa ever! What are you going to get her when see truns 16?

But I sure agree with getting kids into outdoor motorsports young. Makes then better drivers. In Newfoundland, where I am from, they just banned anyone under the age of 13 from even riding on an atv. Let alone drive one. There going to be a lot of hurt kids in a few years.