1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How about this...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Lexi_Girl4801, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Lexi_Girl4801

Lexi_Girl4801 New Member

I have a question, mostly for you guys on here.
    Do you let anybody else drive your truck? Girlfriends/wives, buddies, etc?

Not many people are allowed to drive mine, but a few people can if I feel they're worthy of it ;)
    I'm just curious as to how you are haha.
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Ill let her drive in to the hospital for work which is 3 miles from our house and i drive her car(that i bought)40 miles a day to work and back...BUT THATS IT!
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My father could drive mine if he had a need ... but he has his own truck. Beyond that, no one else drives my vehicle. Perhaps if I had a significant other and she had a definitive need she'd be permitted to drive ... maybe.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  4. Lexi_Girl4801

Lexi_Girl4801 New Member

Really?? My best friend has a 2006 Duramax with a programmer, exhaust, etc. Super clean truck. I get to drive it pretty much whenever. I'm surprised that you guys don't let many people drive your babies!
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Why are you surprised? Most of the people I know would have no need to borrow my ride ... and no reason to drive it.
  6. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

I'm not as picky on my truck, but my Camaro is a whole different story. I've had it almost two years and I still am the only one who has driven it in that time period. I'd let my dad drive it if he asked but he hasn't. Most of my friends don't know how to drive stick either and I woudn't teach them in that car.
  7. ShaneB

ShaneB New Member

My truck is nowhere near new, and not fancy in the least. But no, no one else drives him. My wife can't drive a clutch and that works out to my benefit. Daddy's big truck
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Mine is available, if wife/3 daughters/their husbands/and a few friends want it, no one ever does:happy:, the girls all think it's too big.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

eh, i let my wife drive mine, but thats more out of necessity. (just have the truck) she dosnt overly like it due to the size, having driven small cars all her life.
    im fairly picky about who i let drive my stuff, my wife, my dad, brother, maybe the one neighbor i know real well.

Alex
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They can...... DSCF9401.jpg Kidding..... Depends If they put Gas into it... Wife is 800 miles away in IL