Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How about this...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Lexi_Girl4801, Jul 23, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'll refrain from comment about whether I'd let them drive my truck, as this is a PG-13 site -- even if that's alcohol in those dispensers... :)

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm picky but will let a good neighbor drive it or one of my good friends. The wife thinks it's too big and only drives it to move it out of the driveway.

3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'll let only the people i trust drive it ie. family and some friends but its usually when I can't. My girlfriend is afraid to drive it. Says its too big

4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well that's a tough one. I would let my best friend of 26 years and also my gf reluctantly, but outside of that probably not. I guess if some of my family members had a need to I would. I have let my cousin drive it so only those I really trusted. But just the thought kinda scares me.:gasp:

5. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'd let my father drive mine, he drives a 2012 yukon xl 2500 so my rig is not much bigger than his. My wife wants nothing to do with it, says its too big and tough to park. Fine by me lol, I have let my brother drive it but only under my watchful eye

6. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

I have never let my wife drive any of my trucks..by her choice as well. She only has experience driving her small cars and once did drivers training on a LMTV (new style 5-ton) while she was still in. I am sure she could drive at least on the interstate but she has no desire to. BTW No one else has driven my truck either...

Crazy back story to this topic, When I was in Korea she called me one day and was like " hey do you think I can drive your truck today? I was like..hmm no I don't think your ready. That day she hit a truck with left front of her car.. called me and told me about it. Minor fender bender nobody hurt, so I was like and you wanted to drive my truck.. the very next day, same parking lot, she hit a light pole on the front right... so in two days she busted out both headlights and small crease in hood...ever since then she hasn't had any desire to drive my truck..

7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The only girl to ever drive any of my vehicles was a d1 drifter and she was in my 240. Other than my dad no one else has driven any of my vehicles. They got there own car to drive why let them beat mine up. Plus my girl can't drive stick and is to scared to learn on any of my vehicles so that leaves my silverado and that's to big for her. Even though she is always trying to drive my cummins around the farm. Maybe I'll let her one day so she can learn standard

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What camero do you have. I got to drive the zl1 at a track day last week. I might finally have found a car that I can replace with my track car it's. Getting sick of fords and there bs alternator and differentials

9. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I know you said this was mostly for the guys but girl's can be control freaks about their rides too :glasses:
    When my BF and I go somewhere and take my truck he drives, that's just how it is. He accommodates my craziness by avoiding puddles, other than that no one really bothers to ask me to borrow my truck. It might be because I whine to much about it getting dirty, scratched, or dinged up.

10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Seems like a lot of risk letting her behind the wheel; bad luck or bad driving either way...You may shed some tears if she drove your truck.