Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How big can i go?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by RAV52202, Dec 30, 2011.

1. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

This has probably been asked a 1000 times. How big of a tire can i get on my truck without a lift? It is a 1996 chevy cheyenne 4x4 ext cab.
    i know rims will make a difference to but 'im going to use stock for now.

2. Scott_Anderson

Scott_Anderson Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Well I would suppose that you can only go as big as will fit the rim without rubbing anything in the front when turning.
    More to your question directly, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure someone here will know.

p.s. don't forget that it will muck up your spedo/odometer calibration and accuracy, unless you can have it reprogrammed.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No one can answer that question truthfully, when your truck was new it could fit one size tire, now that the suspensions worn it probably cant fit as large a tire, you'll only be able to find out by trial and error.
    With a Sawzall you can fit as large as you want without a lift.

4. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects Rockstar 100 Posts

when my dad was driving his 94 with the factory slicks years ago, he nearly lost control when it snowed outside. so he went to the walmart tire place and told them "i want the biggest tire that will fit on this truck". he still uses the same tire size today on the same truck, its a 31 inch tall all terrain. im sure he could maybe go up to 33 since there is alot more fender space. but the issue is the width. when fully turned to any side, theres barely an inch before they rub. but luckly they dont