How big of a tire can I put on my truck and still look good

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by stumpman, Aug 21, 2011.

1. stumpman

stumpman New Member

I have a NBS 07 model GMC crew cab. I want to get it leveled out and put a size or two larger tires on it then it came with stock. I don't want it to look out of place like the tires are to big and it needs lifting hgiher if that makes sense. Will a 305 be to large on the truck with just a leveling kit in the front? what do you guys run on yours? Pics would be nice if you have any.

Thanks!

2. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

305/?/?...You realize that 305 is the width right? You can run a 305/50/20 with a leveling kit.

3. stumpman

stumpman New Member

It would be more like a 305/70/17's or 33/12.50/17's or the likes, I will keep the factory wheels. I ran these on my F250 with just cranking torsion bars is why I want to find out about them on this truck.

4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

You will be doing some cutting to fit a 305/70/17. Thats basically a 34x12 and these trucks don't like large tires.

5. jmanb

jmanb Rockstar

If you're buying new wheels, just make sure you pay close attention to the offset. I originally bought 305x50x20's with a Rough Country 3.5" lift and they rubbed because the wheel I bought sat too far under the wheel well (I "think" they had a +.12 offset but don't quote me on that).

BTW, I have the kit for sale if you're interested. It fits on 07 & newer 1500's:

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_1500_lift_kits.html

6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have a NBS 07 Suburban 2500. I know Pickups usually sit higher however i leveled mine by adjusting the T-bars. The 2500 Suburbans are only offered with 245/16 tires. After leveling, i went with 265 duratracs. Thats about as big i can go without a lift. They rub the inner fender liner slightly at full turn if this helps.

[​IMG]

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ran a 295/70 nitto tire with just a level kit. I trimmed plastic and they rubbed on sway bar and that was on stock 17's. You can check out my pic thread to see how it looked. 305/70 will not fit.