Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How big of a tire can I put on my truck and still look good

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by stumpman, Aug 21, 2011.

1. stumpman

stumpman New Member

I have a NBS 07 model GMC crew cab. I want to get it leveled out and put a size or two larger tires on it then it came with stock. I don't want it to look out of place like the tires are to big and it needs lifting hgiher if that makes sense. Will a 305 be to large on the truck with just a leveling kit in the front? what do you guys run on yours? Pics would be nice if you have any.

Thanks!

2. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

305/?/?...You realize that 305 is the width right? You can run a 305/50/20 with a leveling kit.

3. stumpman

stumpman New Member

It would be more like a 305/70/17's or 33/12.50/17's or the likes, I will keep the factory wheels. I ran these on my F250 with just cranking torsion bars is why I want to find out about them on this truck.

4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

You will be doing some cutting to fit a 305/70/17. Thats basically a 34x12 and these trucks don't like large tires.

5. jmanb

jmanb Rockstar

If you're buying new wheels, just make sure you pay close attention to the offset. I originally bought 305x50x20's with a Rough Country 3.5" lift and they rubbed because the wheel I bought sat too far under the wheel well (I "think" they had a +.12 offset but don't quote me on that).

BTW, I have the kit for sale if you're interested. It fits on 07 & newer 1500's:

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_1500_lift_kits.html

6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have a NBS 07 Suburban 2500. I know Pickups usually sit higher however i leveled mine by adjusting the T-bars. The 2500 Suburbans are only offered with 245/16 tires. After leveling, i went with 265 duratracs. Thats about as big i can go without a lift. They rub the inner fender liner slightly at full turn if this helps.

[​IMG]

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ran a 295/70 nitto tire with just a level kit. I trimmed plastic and they rubbed on sway bar and that was on stock 17's. You can check out my pic thread to see how it looked. 305/70 will not fit.