1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Can I Add Audio Controls to the Steering Wheel in my 2010 Silverado???

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 2010TexasEdition, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Has anyone successfully added the Audio controls to the right side of their 07-up Silverado?

i tried searching and could not find anything!

if you have or know of a thread that discusses this in depth, could you please redirect me to it? thanks! :great:
  2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The last time I read up on this, I remember it being a process that required a little more effort and financial resources than it was worth for me. You have to buy a couple of different modules and parts of the steering column have to be replaced(if not the whole thing). Unlike the Driver Information Center (DIC) and a few other mods, the audio steering wheel controls are not a drop in/plug and play upgrade. Many users even pointed at upgrading the head unit altogether and simply using the remote that comes with many of these units as a solution for the steering wheel controls.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...added-by-the-dealer&highlight=stereo controls
  3. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah you can get a deck with a remote and double stick tape it to your steering wheel :) lol
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

LOL SmokeU, There's always one..now there's two.
    I pried the station preset buttons off my radio & stickied them to my steering wheel. The radio doesn't work now, & neither do the buttons but boy they sure look sweeeeet on the wheel!:great:

Seriously.. To the original poster: It is like already posted by Vincennes, this is an issue that is too complicated, & expensive & is better addressed with other solutions.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  5. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

6. Unbelievable2

Unbelievable2 Rockstar

7. BigBlueLB756

This is what I did this morning_
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
  8. Unbelievable2

Unbelievable2 Rockstar

Any cutting?? What was the total out of pocket cost for the buttons? Link to where to purchase them from or part#?
  9. BigBlueLB756

The audio buttons usually run around $30 + shipping. Unfortunately, the wiring harness in the cruise-control-only wheel does not have the plug for the audio switch in it, and that complete harness is not available from GM/Delco. So....finding another steering wheel with both sets of switches on it is the best and only option. New wheels from the various GM sources can run up to over $200, and you have to figure out the various options on them. A friend in the Parts Department is very helpful. Or you can find one at the various auto parts recyclers.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  10. hskrs10

hskrs10 New Member

There's a company called PAC that makes your sterring wheel conrtols into a wireless controller? You might check there