How Can I Add Audio Controls to the Steering Wheel in my 2010 Silverado???

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 2010TexasEdition, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Has anyone successfully added the Audio controls to the right side of their 07-up Silverado?

i tried searching and could not find anything!

if you have or know of a thread that discusses this in depth, could you please redirect me to it? thanks! :great:

2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The last time I read up on this, I remember it being a process that required a little more effort and financial resources than it was worth for me. You have to buy a couple of different modules and parts of the steering column have to be replaced(if not the whole thing). Unlike the Driver Information Center (DIC) and a few other mods, the audio steering wheel controls are not a drop in/plug and play upgrade. Many users even pointed at upgrading the head unit altogether and simply using the remote that comes with many of these units as a solution for the steering wheel controls.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...added-by-the-dealer&highlight=stereo controls

3. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah you can get a deck with a remote and double stick tape it to your steering wheel :) lol

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

LOL SmokeU, There's always one..now there's two.
    I pried the station preset buttons off my radio & stickied them to my steering wheel. The radio doesn't work now, & neither do the buttons but boy they sure look sweeeeet on the wheel!:great:

Seriously.. To the original poster: It is like already posted by Vincennes, this is an issue that is too complicated, & expensive & is better addressed with other solutions.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  5. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

6. Unbelievable2

Unbelievable2 Rockstar

7. BigBlueLB756

This is what I did this morning_
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

8. Unbelievable2

Unbelievable2 Rockstar

Any cutting?? What was the total out of pocket cost for the buttons? Link to where to purchase them from or part#?

9. BigBlueLB756

The audio buttons usually run around $30 + shipping. Unfortunately, the wiring harness in the cruise-control-only wheel does not have the plug for the audio switch in it, and that complete harness is not available from GM/Delco. So....finding another steering wheel with both sets of switches on it is the best and only option. New wheels from the various GM sources can run up to over $200, and you have to figure out the various options on them. A friend in the Parts Department is very helpful. Or you can find one at the various auto parts recyclers.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  10. hskrs10

hskrs10 New Member

There's a company called PAC that makes your sterring wheel conrtols into a wireless controller? You might check there