How can I change this part ?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by JTWard, Jul 30, 2014.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I need to do a little repair work on my 1990 Silverado door panels. In the pictures it is the 'Gray' part and do I need to take off the entire door panel to complete this project ? Thank you

Attached Files:

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

They might have clips holding them into the door panel itself but I'm not sure been a while since I've had to crack that style door open and look. Hopefully someone will chyme in with an answer

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Almost everything mounted to the panels are fastened from the inside.

4. JTWard

Yeah, I more I look at these two panels, and considering their 24 years old, I have the 'Gray' sections new from Classics, But I could go around and another edge would come loose. So I'll have my local body who painted the truck , have him pull the panels and their a great interior shop about 30 miles from here, I'll take to them and see what they think ? SANY0093.jpg

5. RayVoy

I've painted plastic parts like that with a "rattle" can. If you can lay it flat, you will get a good result.

6. JTWard

Door panels redone !

SANY0384.jpg rear console 004.jpg
    I'm having a small custom shop in Texas redo them to match the dashboard. I know it's not everyone's dish, Carbon/fiber is rampant today and I always respect someone else's desires. If we all like the same thing, well it's be a pretty lackluster life. I can't tell you how many guys have walked up and admired the fact that I restored it so it looked like it did on the Chevy dealers lot instead jacking up on oversized springs and putting knobby 33 tires one it. I bought the truck for two reasons, 1. it was a great deal and 2. it reminds me of better times in my life.

And it runs wonderful ! :lol:

7. RayVoy

The burl looks great.

8. silverado002

silverado002 Active Member 100 Posts

Very nice. :)