1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How can I change this part ?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by JTWard, Jul 30, 2014.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I need to do a little repair work on my 1990 Silverado door panels. In the pictures it is the 'Gray' part and do I need to take off the entire door panel to complete this project ? Thank you

Attached Files:

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

They might have clips holding them into the door panel itself but I'm not sure been a while since I've had to crack that style door open and look. Hopefully someone will chyme in with an answer

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Almost everything mounted to the panels are fastened from the inside.

4. JTWard

Yeah, I more I look at these two panels, and considering their 24 years old, I have the 'Gray' sections new from Classics, But I could go around and another edge would come loose. So I'll have my local body who painted the truck , have him pull the panels and their a great interior shop about 30 miles from here, I'll take to them and see what they think ? SANY0093.jpg

5. RayVoy

I've painted plastic parts like that with a "rattle" can. If you can lay it flat, you will get a good result.

6. JTWard

Door panels redone !

SANY0384.jpg rear console 004.jpg
    I'm having a small custom shop in Texas redo them to match the dashboard. I know it's not everyone's dish, Carbon/fiber is rampant today and I always respect someone else's desires. If we all like the same thing, well it's be a pretty lackluster life. I can't tell you how many guys have walked up and admired the fact that I restored it so it looked like it did on the Chevy dealers lot instead jacking up on oversized springs and putting knobby 33 tires one it. I bought the truck for two reasons, 1. it was a great deal and 2. it reminds me of better times in my life.

And it runs wonderful ! :lol:

7. RayVoy

The burl looks great.

8. silverado002

silverado002 Member 100 Posts

Very nice. :)