1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How can i connect my laptop to my 95 silverado?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Thundare, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys, i know my truck has a computer in it, and i wanna know what cord i need and program to see the specs. can anyone help?
  2. 2004Silverado

2004Silverado New Member

While I can't swear to this, I am betting that it is cheaper to just buy an OBD reader at your local parts store, you can usually pick them up for about 120 bucks.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i know of a program we use its for flashing the computer but we hook up with a laptop so there has to be a way how much it cost is going to be the issue
  4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You just need an ALDL cable (usually about $50 or less) and a program that will capture the data. There are free ones on the web like elanscan http://www.astb91.dsl.pipex.com/M100_ALDL.html . Just Google for others and you'll find a few.