Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How can i fit both a throttlebody spacer and intake?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ippielb, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

I've never had that much luck with K&N (And I've cleaned and re-oiled them properly). Years ago when K&N were the only kids on the block with a washable, high flow filter they were great, but engine intake technology has changed, however K&N, at least IMHO, hasn't. Carburetors have a good tolerance for a little dust or dirt going in to the system but the new intake systems on vehicles nowadays, especially diesels, have almost zero tolerance for any kind of impurities in the intake air.
    Here's the way I look at it: If I get a film of oily dust from a K&N filter on my old DD gas engine, what kind of pollutants would I get using this filter on my Dmax, which flows a ton more air? I now use an S&B CAI on my Dmax and have had up to this point, no fine dust or pollutants on the Turbo mouthpiece of the engine.
    Some guys like and have/had good luck with K&N and I can appreciate that, to each his own, however, I'm just not one of them.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I understand. I have been debating whether or not to get a stock replacement air filter from them. I have no intentions to get rid of my factory air box and I'm tired of the regular ones that are very restrictive and cost $20 per filter. A K&N costs $68 so that's three filters and it has a 1,000,000 mile warranty.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The belt would stay the same. You just unscrew the pully driven fan from the pully. It is the water pump pully and is the same if you have electric fans or the clutch fan. I have not installed them on mine. It came with them from the factory, so I really have no idea what brand is good. Search the forum, I know someone did a switch to efans recently. They did a complete writeup

4. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

okay thanks for the help

5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You do realize that the whistling is caused by air drag, which actually reduces effiency and power... Not to open a discussion, just sayin'.

6. redvett

redvett Member

Cant wait to see what some of these crooks/companies come up with when the 2014 trucks come on the market with DI. There is no fuel in the intake or head just the combustion chamber. Bet they will still sell the TBS to some uninformed.:lol:
    TBS only work on wet intake systems PFI & DI are dry.

7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Everything I have read is that throttle body spacers are a waste of time on more modern intakes.

8. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

On the electric fan, get a fbody dual fan from a 4th gen (lt or ls) then go to nelson performance online, they have a relay kit with factory connectors for gm fans. It pins into the ecu and controls both temp and ac fans. You will need to get the ecu flashed to turn the pin on but is the cleanest, most reliable way.