How can i play my ipod in my truck?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Texasballa24, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Texasballa24

Texasballa24 New Member

Alright, so i have a 2006 silverado with the Bose sound package, and XM radio and all that good stuff. But i cant figure out a way to play my ipod. It doesnt have a AUX port, or a cassette player. Theres nothing in the glovebox as well. I have heard all of the ipod/radio transmitter things are garbage. I really dont want to get a new head unit, becuase i just like the look of the natural stock parts in the interior. Is there anything i can do? GM put me in a pretty difficult spot.

So what im asking is, are they any way to do it? Im out of options right now.

Thanks,
    Tyler

2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Not all of the radio transmitters are junk, you get what you pay for. I've used one made by Belkin (I think, it was my ex's), and it worked great. You just need to make sure that you find a station to broadcast on that doesn't have any other signals around. The only issue I had was finding new stations every time I went to a new city when I drove to Dallas.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

GM offeres a ipod adapter that can be operated through your fatory deck, but not cheap, crutchfield.com also offers one and is cheaper then then the factory and you can install it yourself. Even if you have never touched car audio crutchfield can get you through it no problem.

4. black06

black06 Member

Yeah a buddy of mine has one his 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee he hid his up under the dash just about right in front of his right knee. The wire isn't very long that comes from it to your ipod but that's it. He uses crutchfield alot too I think ct9a is right though you get what you pay for.

5. Texasballa24

Texasballa24 New Member

alright guys, so im going to go to BestBuy tommorow, and see if i cant find one. Ive been looking on Crutchfield, but i guess i havent been trying hard enough.

Thanks for all the advice guys.
    -Tyler

6. The main problem you will have with an FM transmitter is diminished base sounds and less high and low level noise,,, so in other words you lose the bose quality if you are not wired in.

7. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Try this... Clicky It's from the Avalanche Forum I'm a member of... It should work for you also...