1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How can I tell what package is in this Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Georgethefierce, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Georgethefierce

Georgethefierce New Member

I have been given a 2005 Silverado 1500 and I'm trying to figure out what I have for gears, if it has a upgraded tow package or anything else that I can't see by the naked eye.

I have the VIN and the decoder doesn't show any of this info. Is there any way I can figure this out?

and if a picture helps.....this is it

[​IMG]

thanks for your help
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In the Glove box,there are code numbers that will tell you what you have,like what engine,what gears you have and so on.The picture of the truck it looks like the emblem on the cab said LT,but thats a Guess.Also do you have the Owners manual?
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

Here are some Numbers to look for ,LM7=5.3 Liter, GT4= 3,73 Gears , G-80=Locker , Z82=Heavy-Duty Trailering Package.These would be some of the numbers that are in your Glove Box.
  4. Georgethefierce

thanks, I know it has the 4.8, I'll check out the codes
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

Good deal,BTW Nice Looking truck!!
  6. Georgethefierce

7. Georgethefierce

thanks for the help, here it is

2005 Silverado LS 1500 4.8l auto with a 3.42 rearend....still idea if it has a LSD or not