1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How can I turn off key and seatbelt chime?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Broge, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Broge

Broge Former Member

No seatbelt lectures please.
    I don't wear one while plowing and don't want to get a junkyard "clip" as every vehicle has a sequence of button touches to do this. If I posted this on an import car or truck for sure someone would tell me in the Quick how to do this. Every car has a bypass so mechanics don't go deaf from hearing the chimes all the time.
    Can anyone also tell me how to stop the automatic door locks from engaging. I don't like running around to unlock the passenger side all the time.I live in a safe area and don't like locking my doors anyway. Its a 2008 Chevy 2500.
    I plow and only go 5mph and need to turn and twist. I also get out and have to talk to people and those chimes drive me nuts.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

2 suggestions for the seatbelt chime. latch the seatbelt then get in the seat. Or go to the junk yard and cut one out of a truck that will fit yours and when you plow just plug it in. Not sure on the key dinger cause that drives me nuts.
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Not sure on the NNBS, but I know that the 07 classic had an option for turning off the auto locks (or maybe just switching it from going a certain speed to whenever the truck gears are engaged....) from the steering wheel controls.

As for the seat belt, I usually just clip mine before getting in (I don't wear mine while I am hunting, if I am truck hunting that is). Mine will only go off though if I have a passenger with me and they aren't buckled up. It's done that since my stereo was installed. The "Buckle Seatbelt" prompt still comes up in the dash, but it doesn't ding.

A little off topic, what kind of plow do you use? I am thinking of getting one for my truck so that my dad and I can plow all the stuff at work, but I don't want to spend bookoo bucks on a Boss. He has a Snowbear or something that works pretty good, but the mounting hardware has cracked his frame in a couple of spots.
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Not to keep this:sign0018: but I have used a Snoway for the past 5 years for 3 driveways each year and am pretty impressed with how its held up. Should be using it again this year. Ive only had to change bulbs in the turn signals which can be expected with the vibration it sustains.
  5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

Im not sure how or why, after we replaced the front door speakers in my 2004, I never heard the chimes again. I was very pleased to find this out. But like I said, I dont know why it ended up that way
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I plowed for a friends very large company for about 10 years. We did huge lots for chrysler, GM, apartment buildings ect.. We tore up alot of plows (we plowed at about 40-50 mph because you had to throw the snow as far as possible, heck yes we wore seatbelts hitting a manhole cover at 5mph will still make you kiss the dash). He started buying the boss V-plows, it cut our plow time considerably. Sometimes we would plow for 24 hours, have 6 hours of and go out for 24 again. This would go on for a week at a time. These plows really held up. They were the toughest plows that he had found.
  7. Broge

Broge Former Member

A little off topic, what kind of plow do you use? I am thinking of getting one for my truck so that my dad and I can plow all the stuff at work, but I don't want to spend bookoo bucks on a Boss. He has a Snowbear or something that works pretty good, but the mounting hardware has cracked his frame in a couple of spots.[/QUOTE]
    I'm using a Boss straight 7ft, better then the Meyers I had. I would suggest they offer as option a better connector for electric connections. An aircraft BNC threaded waterproof would work fine and only cost a few more bucks. I think everyone has problem with connector and corrosion.
    I did find way to lower volume of chime by holding the 6 button down on radio. Still noisy.
  8. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

louder exhaust :sign0020:
  9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

For the seatbelts, as has been suggested, I'd just latch the belt then sit on top of it. Per your request I won't lecture you on safety though.

As for the door locks, I know my DIC allows me to control, to an extent, the automatic door locks and when they engage. Have you looked through all of the options there?
  10. Broge

Broge Former Member

locks can only adjust to lock when moving or when put in gear. I know after 2010 they offered more control.