How did the summer of 2009 treat you?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We have just a few days left in Summer 2009, how did it wrap-up for you?

The family and I took two trips in the Trailblazer to San Antonio, specifically to Sea World. Took a short trip to Sherman also. Of course I went to Detroit to tour the GM technology center too.

We had a lot of fun around town as well going to the water parks, YMCA summer camps, swimming lessons and more. We got a new grill and have already gone through a couple rounds of propane in that thing.

Now the oldest is in pre-school and the youngest is still just cruizing around the house. Fall is on the way and we've got some fun stuff planned, but still there's nothing like the summer!

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well I hate summer, so I become a shut in and crank up the AC (or down). But that did give me lots of time for Metallica Guitar Hero and to build a nursery for my son (8-31-09). I HATE plaster. I also averaged 62 hours a week for most of the summer at work.

3. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi just went to the canfield swap meet today. they are about over. two more shows before winter. i hate that. but it is hunting season now. ralph

4. moosetags

moosetags Rockstar 100 Posts

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

We are more fortunate than most. We were able to take the '04 Suburban pulling the Airstream on a nine week excursion. We departed from the Florida Panhandle in the last week of April. We followed a route across the country to southern California, up the west coast to Washington State, east into Idaho, and on to Wyoming and the Bighorn National Forest. We then made our way southeasterly, arriving back at home just in time for the 4th of July. We logged 11,000 miles on the Suburban without any problems.

5. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We've had a good time going to the beach with the kids, camping and such. I'm looking forward to the winter - even though our average high in the summer is maybe 80 degrees and in the winter its about 70 we still have fun year round. Oh yeah it rains about 10 times a year here.
    Not much of a difference between the seasons.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Took two trips to Las Vegas and a trip to Lake Tahoe via the Rubicon trail from Georgetown Ca.

Didnt get to take any trips on the motorcycle like I had planned, maybe this fall we can visit San Antonio, Austin music scene, and Muenster Tx.
    Probably have to wait until spring to take a ride to Keys West.

7. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy Rockstar 100 Posts

ahhh well didn't get far this year on My Quad,but fall and hunting season will soon be here,get out then.Spent the spring and summer up till now getting the garage /workshop built.

8. wrightj

wrightj Member

nice. i wish i had a garage to work on my vehicle during the winter.

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This summers been pretty good, did the usual stuff, Hersheypark, couple of concerts,went to York fair last week, my wife won tickets to see David Cook on the radio. Not really my cup of tea but I struggled through it for the sake of my youngest daughter(first concert) but we saved the best for last! We are going on a cruise in a few weeks to the bahamas!!!:glasses: here's a link to the ship, looks pretty awesome!!

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_pride/default.aspx?shipCode=PR

10. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it was pretty good until last week, the blower motor resistor went out on my truck, so i have no air, and it is still hitting 100 degrees