1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do I complain to GM about a part

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by stermerj, Feb 22, 2008.

1. stermerj

stermerj New Member

that should be recalled? I am talking about the wiring to the injector and to the blower fan that melted due to poor factory connections. Took to dealer, not covered under warranty of course, the mechanic said it would not happen again because the connectors have been updated. To cut off the old connectors and snip the melted wire and reconnect it cost $900! He said if it was recalled we would get our money back-somehow.
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
    It's unbelievable that such an issue isn't covert by warranty it’s outrages :grrrrrr:
    I don't know where you can fill in a complaint maybe someone else will comment on this.
  3. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member 100 Posts

How many miles you have on the truck and what truck do you own?
  4. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member 100 Posts

Something like this is either covered under the 36k warranty or if the user has the Major guard extended warranty. If they still have these and the dealer still refuses to repair the item then it's off to the 800 regional hotline thats listed in the back of the manual. I would also check with another dealership for a second opinion