How do I disable power locks??

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Outrider, Feb 8, 2008.

Newest Photos

1. Outrider

Outrider New Member

Hi, when I go over 15mph my doors lock and when I stop to get out they stay locked. Anyone know how to disable this feature?
    My owner's manual says to see the dealer. :(

My truck is a 99 Sierra sle ext 4wd.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jeff
  2. crane3447

crane3447 New Member 100 Posts

I turned off my autolocks to. I haven't got any kids and I thought my buddies were going to rip off my door handles. Do you have the drivers info center option on your gauges? If so, then there is a menu in there for all kinds of settings. If not, I'm guessing you don't have a manul either? Anyone have one close to give him a hand?
  3. Outrider

Outrider New Member

I do have the message center.
    I downloaded the manual for 2000 models and newer. You have to pull the signal/cruise lever towards you and turn the ignition on and off 2 times. The rest is easy once you get into program mode but my truck won't go into program mode. The manual for my truck says see dealer so I assume it has a different sequence. F^&K
  4. crane3447

Hey I'm all little bullheaded when it come to this stuff so I want looking for an answer. i not sure this will do the trick but give it a try. heres a link:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74072&pid=553845&st=0&#entry553845
  5. Outrider

Outrider New Member

Thanks for taking the time to research this for me crane. I guess the 99's can't be programmed. I tried a half dozen times. They lock me in and don't bother unlocking when I park it. POS setup....
  6. crane3447

You know, now that I think about it a buddy had a '99. I know his was loaded. Mabey he can get me an answer. My wifes Saturn Vue does the samething. I hate her locks two!!