1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do I disable power locks??

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Outrider, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Outrider

Outrider New Member

Hi, when I go over 15mph my doors lock and when I stop to get out they stay locked. Anyone know how to disable this feature?
    My owner's manual says to see the dealer. :(

My truck is a 99 Sierra sle ext 4wd.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jeff
  2. crane3447

crane3447 New Member

I turned off my autolocks to. I haven't got any kids and I thought my buddies were going to rip off my door handles. Do you have the drivers info center option on your gauges? If so, then there is a menu in there for all kinds of settings. If not, I'm guessing you don't have a manul either? Anyone have one close to give him a hand?
  3. Outrider

Outrider New Member

I do have the message center.
    I downloaded the manual for 2000 models and newer. You have to pull the signal/cruise lever towards you and turn the ignition on and off 2 times. The rest is easy once you get into program mode but my truck won't go into program mode. The manual for my truck says see dealer so I assume it has a different sequence. F^&K
  4. crane3447

crane3447 New Member

Hey I'm all little bullheaded when it come to this stuff so I want looking for an answer. i not sure this will do the trick but give it a try. heres a link:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74072&pid=553845&st=0&#entry553845
  5. Outrider

Outrider New Member

Thanks for taking the time to research this for me crane. I guess the 99's can't be programmed. I tried a half dozen times. They lock me in and don't bother unlocking when I park it. POS setup....
  6. crane3447

crane3447 New Member

You know, now that I think about it a buddy had a '99. I know his was loaded. Mabey he can get me an answer. My wifes Saturn Vue does the samething. I hate her locks two!!