how do I make my own body lift for my truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

I want to make my own body lift. I was thinking hockey pucks or square tubing. Do i have to lengthen any brake lines or steering linkadge if i do a 2 inch lift. I have a 2 inch block under the leafs and the torsion bars are turned up. Also what materials will i need to purchess. The truck is a 88 sierra single cab long box.

2. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

[MENTION=53522]Outlaw19[/MENTION], oh, if you use hockey pucks please take pictures of that process. that's gonna be awesome.

3. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

There is a SUV in my area that I have heard is riding around on hockey pucks. Don't know if I would want to trust it myself, or how the lifespan would be on them. But I guess it seems possible. Good luck, hoping to see you get some informative answers.

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I hear Dr. OZ does tummy tucks and butt lifts. Maybe he can assist you ?????:rofl:

Serously why try to go on your own when so many kits have been engineered to protect against accidents and constant repair. Personally this is one area left best to engineers and technical folks that have all the equations figured out.

5. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

Im just trying to save some money. A lift for my truck is $500 i have decided to use 2x3 inch steel tubing that i got for free. I am going for a 3 inch lift and i have done lots of research on it and everyone says the same. "Steel is stronger than plastic any day" and the steel tubing will outlast the truck.